Wednesday, August 15, 2012

31DWC : Day 14

Prompt: The river of our youth runs deep.


The night was cool, pleasantly so, and lit only by the sliver of a crescent moon and starlight. I lay in the grass of the meadow, curled against Shayne’s side. He tugged me closer with one arm, using the other as a pillow as we stared up at the sky.

I heard his voice both in the air and through his chest. “I wish we could stay out here forever.”

Smiling, I turned to look up at him. “Maybe we can.” I pulled away and stood, reaching down to pull him up with me. “Surely a mountain meadow like this has some sort of beautiful magic in it. We’re under the stars, it’s beautiful out. We can stay here forever.”

He pulled me close and I could hear the grin in his voice. “Perhaps we can.”

With a grin, I tugged out of his grip, and danced away invitingly. He stepped after me and I stepped out of his reach once more. Before long, he was chasing me, and it didn’t take long for him to catch me, tackling me to the ground in a fit of laughter as we fell.

Youth was something to treasure while we could. The magic of the meadow was something special.


No comments:

Post a Comment